Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Words of inspiration


CREATE

Your life is waiting

DreAMS

Make them come true

BE

Who you are

YOU

Can make a difference


I Thought I would share these words of inspiration ...
Imagine being outside in the cold today? I think of how fortunate most of us are for the simple things in life. Every time I visit Penn Station in NYC and see the homeless sleeping on the floor, I get this overwhelming feeling of worry that lingers for days.  When I walk through the station, I turn my head because it bothers me so much. It is a feeling of helplessness that almost invokes fear.I can't stop thinking about them today, especially when the weather is cold and the bustle of the city slows as people stay indoors. The feeling of deep loneliness that I have yet to experience must be awful. Its so ironic to experience  an intoxicating New York fashion show and an hour later experience people in deep desperation. I sometimes wonder if I lived in the city if I would become desensitized or if I would be walking to penn station  in a snow suit with my homemade soup. 
I hope everyone that I know who has had 2 feet of snow is snuggled in  safe and sound. The inconvenience of snow shovels, stuck cars, and cancelations don't seem so bad.  Whats better than homemade soup and warm apple crumb cake on a cold day? It is sharing it with your family and snuggling with your dogs.


On a happy note, I thought I would share a piece that makes me feel like going junking...in Europe that is!
Look at his fabulous cupboard!

A piece from Europe in original color and retouched with a color called Horizon by Benjamin Moore. Who would love to go to France...hint, hint?!?! I would need a personal barge to bring this home. 



1 comment:

  1. Loved the great words of inspiration on this winter day> we are blessed !

    ReplyDelete