Friday, February 18, 2011

“Your dance identifies who you are.”Author Unknown

I have to give credit to Rachel Ashwell for inspiring me to lust worn ballet shoes. In the down stairs of her new Soho store, I immediately spotted a random basket of worn ballet shoes worn by her daughters...they were beautiful... distressed delicate pink and ivory satin, tangled wrinkly silk ties, and worn during hours of discipline. This is an ironic display of the delicate art of ballet and hours of physical dedication. It's a combination of imperfection and perfection, so close to her deep rooted style.
During a recent "junking" adventure I stumbled upon two pairs of fabulously vintage pairs. Right away I knew they belonged in my daughter's room hanging from her distressed mirror. Like my daughter, an "outside of the box" kind of gal, these shoes have a lot of "soul".





To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful. This is power, it is glory on earth and it is yours for the taking.
-Agnes De Mille-






3 comments:

  1. I love this. You have an amazingly creative talent !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am stopping into Grace, need some decor advise!

    ReplyDelete