Thursday, November 25, 2010

Recap of an amazing Thanksgiving

































Our journey started as a 4 hour road trip into the city through many car accidents and battling holiday travelers into NYC. We also were on a last minute mission for "grace", which ended out working out perfectly. Phew! We checked into the hotel, and a wide eyed Charlotte couldn't contain herself. She loves the city and has become her favorite place to visit. After her first visit, she asks on a daily basis if we can go back!


 Immediately after checking in, room service surprised Charlotte with a large plate of shaved chocolates and assorted sugary sweets along with awesome children's toiletries. Ironically, the note said "sweet dreams little Charlotte." 2 pounds of sugar and sleep do not mix! Well, she went a little overboard on the sweets and Girard didn't want to "quell" her excitement, so she indulged... a lot. I ran off to for a quick shopping errand, and the two of them pigged out! As they were eating it,  Girard told me she said, "shhh..don't tell Mommy."  
Girard then took her up to the pool and blissful spa area after eating 2 pounds of chocolate and...BARFED all over the pool area! Upon arriving to the pool area I walked into a crying Charlotte and beside the pool. She cried histerically because she was afraid that meant "no more swimming", not because she got sick. Of course, she stayed in the pool for an additional hour. Nothing will stop that girl!


This is the evidence left after she ate half of the plate. The two of them hid it from me (literally "in the closet" until we got room service and "the truth" came out.) LOL.

Of course, I was on bedbug/germ patrol every second. And yes, everything is outside my house until it goes directly into the washing machine and HOT dryer. The parade was such an amazing experience and the mandarin oriental did an awesome job catering to kids. No detail was missed, stuffed animals for kids, great view, hot chocolate bar, food galore, legos building stations, a cookie decorating station with aprons and chef hats, balloons, wii stations set up, coloring books, etc. Anything a kid could want.


Decorating Turkey sugar Cookies!


 They really made a huge extravagant party in the ballroom for kids. After talking with the other moms, I realized the majority were from great distances in the US, and made this an annual event. I would highly recommend staying there for the parade, as they really amazed me! I felt really bad when I went out in the morning to walk Mr. P and saw all of the chilly kids who had been waiting for the parade 3 hours before it even started. I wanted to invite them all inside!! We did go outside for a while too, just to see it closer but it was pretty cold.


Charlotte's face when she saw Santa!






My mom found the most amazing french restaurant I have ever been to for Thanksgiving dinner! A small authentic restaurant on the lower east side. A four course dinner...will my jeans fit anymore? Seriously, who knew that the French could make the best Turkey I have ever had? Girard managed to have a Bentley drive us around...leave it to him. My Dad also made it into the city to meet up with us, which meant a lot.


Paddington christened the lobby with the biggest gift they have ever smelled. Hey, "dogs are allowed" but they probably will be changing their hotel policy after that one. Leave it to us... Nothing but laughs and many stories! 


The best part of the trip was after we said our blessing and went around the table sharing what we were most grateful for. When it was Charlotte's turn she said, "I am thankful for my mommy and daddy. I have the greatest mommy in the world". I fought the tears back as her words came out as deeply thought and clear as an adult. Even though we did NY in luxury style, it made me realize that we could have been anywhere in the world and have felt such an overwhelming love for my family. Hands down, the Best Thanksgiving I have ever had! I am so grateful and blessed, the true feeling of Thanksgiving!




Paddington snuggled in the white down bedding...lucky dog!

I will post good photos once I upload them from my camera. These are just some silly phone pics! Happy Thanksgiving!!

4 comments:

  1. THIS WAS THE BEST THANKSGIVING EVER ! Meme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lucky little girl....it's true, she does have the best mommy in the world, you are so talented, beautiful, and a great person. I am so happy that you had such a special holiday! I would love to see the Macys parade and is on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome story - I am laughing out loud imagining it all..the barf...the "gift" too funny. But the best part is that you were all together and her little thanks - sooo true. Thanks for helping out the grace girls!! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog....its the best =) I check often for updates! You are a great writer and have such an interesting life and great prospective!

    ReplyDelete