Sunday, December 5, 2010

Wrap it up!

Tis the season for wrapping with pretties! Most know that I have been feverishly working on decorating my home for a local benefit open house, so I have not been blogging too much. I thought I would share one of my most favorite ideas this season...gift wrapping with old maps. The french vintage look had to go along with my gift wrap, so... I took myself down to the good ol' Book Barn (a local recycled/used book store) and bought a book of vintage maps and French sheet music-blew the dust off and wrapped away! I used mostly maps of France, but even old subway maps and old newspapers would be neat! What about using magazines that are personalized specifically towards the interests of the recipient? More to follow once the holiday preview is over!






















Here are some other ideas that I thought were different via who else, but Martha Stewart!: Wrapping made from children's artwork!



How about wrapping each member of the family in a different color and skipping the gift tags? Thanks Martha!




And...last but not least...how about a jewelry organizer made out of vintage pulls for a gift?
That would be a good suggestion to give a husband and see what he can come up with!


Happy Wrapping! Did I mention that my house is COVERED in glitter? 




4 comments: