Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring seedlings!

I am super ready for spring and one of my favorite hobbies, gardening! I am most excited to share my love of flowers and vegetable gardening with my little girl! Every year my mother discourages my vegetable garden (it is a lot of work...and time), although she is the one of the best gardeners I know. She can miraculously make everything come together with life with no "plan" in mind...almost like making a great soup with no recipe. There is nothing like fresh air, sun, and exercise. Making my yard gorgeous and cleaning up from the winter makes me feel accomplished and refreshed. Today "C" and I shopped for seeds to start our seedling project, gathering everything to potting mix, compost, and pots! With excitement, she kept saying "whoa, momma, look at these flowers...ohhhh those are pretty!". Tomorrow, we will be setting up our new potting station, taking out our gloves, gardening tools and all things stored in the basement all winter! The potting station was a "super" find last fall found by the OL gardening club, so this will be my first season using it! Constructed out of an old bed frame, it is totally vintage and unique... It is gorgeous! I can just see all of my different sized glass vases, mason jars, and pots lined up! Next project...starting a worm composting farm!


Check out BHG tips for starting seedlings...
http://www.bhg.com/gardening/yard/garden-care/seed-starting-essentials/?sssdmh=dm17.516720&esrc=nwgn033111ho&email=1106834018


Worth adding..look at this pergola made out of old doors! LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment